July 1, 2009

Nanna-rific Raspberry Jelly Cake




via

from 1977 Royal Flying Doctor Women's Auxiliary Historical Cookbook



two and a half cups self raising flour
one tablespoon custard powder
four dessertspoons of raspberry jelly crystals
three tablespoons of boiling water
four ounces of butter
six ounces of sugar
three eggs
two tablespoons of milk


Sift the flour and the custard powder. Dissolve the jelly in boiling water. Cream the butter and sugar until pale, add the eggs and beat well. Add the milk to the jelly (it will curdle). Mix in the dry ingredients alternately with the jelly/milk. Place into a greased 7" cake tin. Bake in a moderate oven for 50 minutes. Ice with soft icing and sprinkle with jelly crystals.

1 comment:

The Crafty Librarian said...

I remember when I saw this on your (other) blog. I love jelly! I have some holidays coming up when I am going to try lots of your things. Yummo!