November 30, 2008

Max's Favourite Muffins - Carrot and Cheese!

We like these a lot. We eat them with a big bowl of cream of cauliflower soup for soothed sighs all round.


2 cups of self raising flour
1 teaspoon of baking powder
1 teaspoon of sugar
1 teaspoon of salt
1/2 cup of grated carrot
1/2 cup of grated cheddar cheese
1/2 cup of grated parmesan cheese
3/4 cup of milk
1/2 cup of melted butter
2 eggs

Preheat oven to 200 degrees c

Mix all ingredients together until just combined. Don't mix too much! Fill muffin cases (which are sitting happily in a muffin tray) two thirds full of mixture. Bake in a hot oven for 15 minutes or until cooked and browning around the edges. Eat hot with a big bowl of soup!

2 comments:

Happydacks said...

I am So not a fan of cooked carrot but I can handle it in things. I will try this one, sounds good! P.S. I once ate so many raw carrots, my skin I turned orange. Chele

Kristy said...

We just cooked these for tea!! Yummy with my pepper and lentil soup. Definitely a keeper recipe. Thank you!