November 22, 2008

Easy Enough For Duffers - Red Lentil and Vegetable Soup



I am one of those people who cannot get enough of SOUP. I just think you can't beat a warm bowl of deliciousness... especially on a wintery day. Soup makes me feel nurtured, loved and generally looked after. Even if I make it for myself, I feel totally chuffed and lucky. So if YOU made me soup...... WELL.... you should start running, because my gratitude would be a little TOO much to deal with for most people. And, did I mention I'm a good hugger?



1 tbsp mild curry paste
440g can of diced tomatoes
5 cups of chicken stock (or vegetable if you prefer)
1 carrot, diced
1 stalk of celery diced
1 small zucchini diced
1 potato diced
1/2 cup peas - frozen is fine
1/2 cup corn - as above
1 cup red lentils
a handful of chopped fresh coriander
salt and pepper


Fry curry paste in a little oil until fragrant.
Add tomatoes, carrot, celery, potato and zucchini.
Fry for a few minutes until nicely coated and softened a bit. Add stock.
Add lentils. Bring up to the boil.
Then simmer for ten to fifteen minutes over a low heat.
Add peas and corn.
Simmer a further 5 minutes.
Serve with plenty of s&p and the fresh coriander.


soup bowls from here

No comments: